Medford Smoke and Odor Removal Services
Action 911 is ready to handle the after effects of a fire, including smoke damage restoration and smoke odor removal. It is important to call us ASAP so that we can evaluate the situation and determine your cleanup and restoration needs.
Often times the smoke produced during a fire is more damaging than the fire itself. Smoke can penetrate and embed harsh chemicals within walls as well as in your furniture, drapes, and other porous objects and materials. Our team of smoke odor removal professionals is fully equipped, certified and experienced to assess these types of situations. We’ll put our knowledge and understanding of homes and building systems to work to restore your space to its prior state.
Your Smoke and Odor Removal Action Plan
- Call Action 911 immediately! We are ready to assist you 24/7 with all types of smoke damage & odor elimination issues. Our response team will arrive at your location within 60 minutes of your call.
- Stay clear of the affected area if you do not have the proper protective clothing and equipment. Lingering smoke contains dangerous chemicals that can cause serious health problems.
- If it is safe to do so, air out the entire house. Because smoke can travel through walls and air ducts, all areas of the home need to be properly aired out and ventilated. Set up as many fans as possible to be more effective.
- Discard all food in your kitchen and pantry that is not sealed in air-tight containers or cans. Food can easily be contaminated by smoke.
- Be sure to clean your appliances with a good disinfectant. Smoke and soot can penetrate mechanical devices and cause damage to the internal mechanisms.
- Be prepared to replace all air filters in your home, even the air conditioner.
Types of Smoke
- Dry Smoke: The result of a fast-burning and extremely hot fire.
- Wet Smoke: The most difficult type of smoke damage to remove. Wet smoke is gummy and sticky and easily smears. It has a strong, lingering odor and is the result of a slow burning, low heat fire.
- Fuel Oil Soot: Smoke damage is caused by furnace puff-backs.
- Protein: This type of smoke features a very pungent odor. It usually causes discoloration to paint and varnished structures.
- Others: Smoke that also tends to linger includes fingerprint powder, tear gas, and fire extinguisher residue.
Things To Know
- Smoke travels through walls and can get stuck in air ducts.
- If not professionally restored and removed, odor can come back.
- Soot is very dense and stains carpets, drapes and other fabrics easily. You must attend to soot prior to any deodorizing.
- You must properly deodorize all household fabrics and furniture before cleaning because smoke odor often returns when dealt with incorrectly.
- Smoke stains quickly erode metals and other surfaces and must be properly and immediately cleaned by an experienced professional.
- It is extremely important to have your carpets cleaned TWICE, both BEFORE and AFTER restoration.
- Complete Fire Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Cleanup
- Building & Structural Cleaning
- Ozone Treatment
- Duct Cleanup
- Soot Cleanup
- Smoke Removal
- Odor Removal
- Floor Cleaning
- Roof Board Up
- Personal Property Cleaning